Last updated: 12th November 2018
- This Privacy Notice ("Notice") sets out how Oh Goodlord Limited ("Goodlord", "we", "us", "our"), whose registered office is at Fourth Floor, 1 Poultry Street, London, EC2R 8EJ, collects, shares and uses personal information about you and how you can exercise your privacy rights. This Notice applies to personal information that we process when you use any of our websites ("Websites") and/or application ("Service").
2. Updates to this Privacy Notice
- We may update this Policy from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
- You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
3. Contacting us
- If you have any queries or concerns in relation to this Notice or the Service, please contact us using the following details:
For general enquiries please contact Support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For any privacy enquiries please contact the privacy team via email at email@example.com
4. What personal information we collect and how we use it
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
Information you provide voluntarily.
- You may be asked to provide voluntarily personal information about yourself when you use our Service. As a user of our Service, you may wish to create an account ("Account") with us. The personal information that you may provide when setting up your Account may include your name, email address, postal address, bank account details, and telephone number. You may also provide us with your credit or debit card number, security code and expiry date, when using our Service. Furthermore, you may provide us with personal information in your correspondence with us and in the content you upload through the Service. If you register to hold an Account with us, you will also have a unique identifier and password which enables you to access your Account.
- You may provide us personal information directly in your capacity as a landlord or tenant (benefitting from our services directly). This personal information may include your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, bank account details, telephone number, name of your employer, salary, name of your guarantors and/or referees. You may also provide us personal information directly in your capacity as a guarantor of a prospective tenant which may include your date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number, salary and bank account details.
- Alternatively, you may be an estate agent who is setting up accounts on our website on behalf of a landlord and/or tenant. If that is the case, you will ensure that you communicate this Notice to the landlord and/or tenant. You confirm that you have been authorised by the landlord and/or the tenant to provide their details via our website. In your capacity as an estate agent you may be asked to provide us personal information, including your name, email address, telephone number and name of your employer.
- We will use the personal information you provide us: (1) to facilitate the contract between you and the relevant tenant /landlord and/or agent as appropriate; (2) to provide you with services you have purchased from us (e.g. Goodlord Go), where appropriate; (3) to process debit and credit card payments; (4) to verify your identity; (5) to prevent, detect and investigate potentially illegal activities; (6) to send you information about the Service; (7) to provide customer service in relation to your use of the Service, to contact you, to deal with enquiries and complaints relating to the use of the Service and to notify you of any changes to the Service; (8) to provide you with marketing communications by post and/or phone unless you have told us you do not want to receive such communications; and (9) to provide you with marketing communications via electronic means (such as email, SMS and/or MMS) about our products, services, events and offers, which you have requested to be sent.
Information we collect automatically
- When you visit our website, we may automatically collect information from your device. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area, this information may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws.
- We use the information we collect automatically: (1) to administer our website for internal operations including troubleshooting purposes; (2) as part of our effort to keep our website safe and secure; (3) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; (4) to develop, improve and personalise the Service so as to improve your experience; and (5) to provide third parties with anonymised statistical information about our users.
5. Sharing and disclosing your personal information
- Other than as expressly set out in this Notice or as otherwise required or permitted by law, we will not share, sell or distribute any of your personal information without your consent.
- We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
6. Legal basis for processing personal information
- Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
- However, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
- If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
- If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to operate our platform and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you and for our legitimate commercial interest, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform, or undertaking marketing. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
- If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting us” heading above.
7. Cookies and similar tracking technology
- We employ appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
- Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and although we employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information sent over the internet.
- You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. Nobody at Goodlord will ever ask you for your password, be careful not to share this with anyone.
9. Data retention
- We will retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal tax or accounting obligations).
- When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
10. International data transfers
- Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
- Our servers are situated in Dublin, Ireland; however we collect data from wherever users are situated. Our third party service providers operate in countries around the world, including US. This means that we may process the personal information we collect in any of these countries.
- However, we have taken appropriate safeguards, such as the EU-US Privacy Shield, to ensure that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
11. Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact information provided under the ''Contacting us'' heading above. We may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting us” heading above.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time by following any “unsubscribe” link included in the marketing emails which we send to you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting us” heading above.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
12. Third-party websites
- Our website may contain links to other websites belonging to or operated by third parties. By making these links available, we are not endorsing third-party websites, their content, products, services or the owners of these third-party websites. It is your responsibility to make sure that you obtain any information which may be relevant to making a decision, and that you read the privacy and security policy on such third-party websites.